Both short and long-term chiropractic care has many different benefits. These include:
• Relief of spinal, joint and extremity pain
• Headache reduction and/or relief
• Increased joint health
• Increased range of motion, balance and coordination
• Decreased muscle spasms and stiffness
• Increased energy, performance, sense of well-being and relaxation
• Decreased tissue inflammation
• Enhanced abilities of tissue to heal
What Chiropractors Do
Chiropractors locate and treat things known as “vertebral subluxations.” These are the overall functional, structural and joint changes that negatively affect the nervous system and therefore overall health.
With specialized training, chiropractors are able to diagnose issues through a thorough assessment of one or more spinal misalignments, vertebral subluxations and other potential abnormalities. When one or more of these are detected, chiropractors apply gentle force to correct the affected area or areas.
In addition to adjustments, they may include nutritional counseling, soft tissue treatments and education about lifestyle changes for further relief of ailments.
How Chiropractic Differs
Chiropractors follow a more holistic route than traditional medical doctors. Instead of focusing on the relief of symptoms as the medical approach does, they focus on remedies that target the actual cause.